Undefinable Collection of Random Thoughts

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Tea Chats: Reducing Stress & Insomnia


 
Greetings Internet,

I am fairly certain that we can all agree that there’s nothing nicer on a cold Autumn or Winter day than a soothing cup of tea. But besides being a tasty, comforting, caffeine-free-pick-me-up, different teas have lots of wonderful health benefits. From easing insomnia to reducing bloating, there is pretty much a tea for everything and as someone who drinks approximately five cups of tea a day, I think there is no reason for me not to share what I know so grab your favourite notebook and start your tea shopping list as today we are discussing teas that reduce stress and ease insomnia.  
Peppermint tea is first on our list. To provide you with some background info, peppermint tea belongs to the mint family and is a cross between spearmint and watermint. It is a strong antioxidant with an anesthetic and analgesic effect on the nervous system and arguably is probably the most popular herbal tea out there.
One of the many benefits of peppermint tea is its ability to help you relax. The menthol contained in peppermint is a natural muscle relaxant and can even help loosen stiffness. Even better, peppermint is a gem for fighting menstrual cramps so next time it’s that time of the month, be sure to give it a go.
As it lacks caffeine, peppermint is a perfect one to drink before bed for a better nights sleep or to ease any anxiousness after a hectic day.
However, chamomile tea is the real deal. Oh I can't express my love for chamomile tea because I am addicted. Chamomile tea not only reduces stress and anxiety, but it also helps treat insomnia. Best thing about it though is the fact it literally tastes like a hug in a mug. Not even kidding. Try it out asap!
I am sure many of you will also be familiar with green tea - another fave not going to lie. This one actually contains caffeine so it's a good one to drink in the mornings if you're trying to reduce your coffee intake (a.k.a me!). It provides a boost of energy and has a book full of benefits but on top of that, it is adaptogenic in nature so it keeps you alert yet calm without making you feel drowsy.
Last but not least, in addition to its numerous benefits, rose tea also helps remedy stress and anxiety. It does this by easing the mind, thus making rose tea an excellent tea to drink before going to bed. Its calming effect helps you sleep well and instantly reduces irritability.
That's all the tea-talk that I've got for you today. I hope this was helpful and be sure to let me know what teas you would like for me to concentrate on next.

All the love,
Karolina.x






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. #teaislife

    I have never had rose tea, i am definitely going to try and buy some, sounds delicious!

    my favourite tea currently is Earl Grey tea.. has just enough caffeine to keep me going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose tea tastes so good - definitely try it out! Thank you for commenting x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig